Understanding what potential home buyers value the most is crucial when selling your home. Here is a top 5 list of where to spend your money and quick fixes to ensure a quick sale.
- Moulding and Trim. Based on a nation wide study of Real Estate professionals Moulding and trim add design complexity to your home. Over 90% of the surveyed professionals believe it corresponds to the price of your home and strongly recommend their clients update the moulding and trim in their home prior to selling
- Storage Space. Half-empty closets are a home buyers dream. We all want more storage space when making our next purchase. If you are getting your home ready to sell, I strongly encourage you to take half of the stuff out of your closet and organize the remaining items.
- Setting the scene in your home with ample natural lighting is important. Cleaning your windows and opening up your drapes and blinds will help make your house open, bright and natural. Even if you spent a fortune on beautiful drapes from wayfair; pull them back to let in the natural light.
- Do you have a cute dog? We all love our animals. When showing your home it might be convenient to leave your cute dog or cat at the house, but we strongly encourage you to take your animals with you. Animals do not leave a good first impression on your home no matter how cute you think they are. Put the dog dishes away, get rid of the cat litter and get rid of the hair.
- Painting is one of the best ROI when selling your home. It is inexpensive and something you can do yourself if you are looking to save money and improve the value of your home. If you have any walls with eccentric or vibrant colors… a quick paint job with neutral colors may be in order. You only get one first impression and out dated walls can ruin it for you.